Pioppino Mushroom Pasta with Ricotta
• 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
• 2 pounds mixed mushrooms (Pioppino, Oyster, and Chestnut
mushrooms) cut or torn into bite size pieces
• 1 Tablespoons roughly chopped thyme, plus more for garnish
• 6 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1 pound pappardelle (or favorite pasta)
• 1 cup ricotta
• 1⁄2 cup toasted walnut pieces
• Heat oil over medium heat. Add pioppino mushrooms; cook and stir until tender and browned, about 10 minute
• Add thyme, garlic, salt and pepper once mushrooms are golden brown
• Meanwhile, bring pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain pasta, and rinse with cold water.
• Add pasta, water, half the ricotta, walnuts, salt and pepper to skillet and toss to combine.
• Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with remaining ricotta and