KING/BLACK KING OYSTER MUSHROOM “SCALLOPS”
• 1 cup water
• 2 tsp seaweed flakes
• 1 tsp soy sauce
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 2 TBSP high heat oil (avocado or grape seed)
• 1 lb king oyster mushrooms, sliced horizontally
• Combine the water, seaweed flakes and soy sauce in a small
• Heat over medium heat and bring to a boil. As soon as it
boils, remove from heat and let cool 10-15 minutes.
• Stir in the lemon juice, and discard the seaweed and set
• Add king oyster slices to the saucepan and allow to marinate
for at least 30 min.
• Remove the king oyster slices from the marinade
• Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add
the king oyster mushrooms and cook each side for 4-5
minutes, until soft and golden brown.
• Remove from heat and serve as if they were scallops