Chestnut Mushroom Bourguignon
• 1 lb Chestnut mushrooms
• 2 tbsp high heat oil (avocado or grape seed)
• 1/2 chopped green onions or 1 onion
• 1/2 cup carrots
• 1 tsp diced garlic
• 11⁄2 tbsp plain flour
• 3/4 cup red wine
• 2/3 ml boiling water
• 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
• 1 tbsp tomato purée
• Fresh parsley (garnish)
• Heat the oil in frying pan over medium. Chop chestnut mushrooms in half and add to pan and sauté until lightly
• Add chopped green onions, garlic and carrots to pan.
• Once the vegetable have cooked down, stir in flour to the mushrooms, and add the red wine. Bring to a vigorous boil for a minute, then add the water, stock powder and tomato purée.
• Cook over a medium to high heat until sauce thickens, Add
salt and black pepper as necessary.
• Roughly chop the parsley and stir two thirds through the
bourguignon, then plate up and sprinkle over the remaining