Chestnut Mushroom and
• 1 lb Chestnut mushrooms
• 1 cup Vegetable Stock
• 1 Stick Celery, chopped
• 1⁄2 Onion, chopped
• 2 Garlic Clove, chopped
• 1 small punnet Chestnut Mushrooms, sliced
• 1 1⁄2 tspn Thyme
• 1⁄2 tbsp Lemon juice
• 1 cup Arborio Rice
• 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
• 1 Grilled Artichokes, chopped
• 5 tbsp Flat Leaf Parsley , chopped
• 4 tbsp Hard Italian Vegetarian Cheese
• Heat the oil in frying pan over medium. Chop chestnut
mushrooms in half and add to pan and sauté until lightly
• Bring 3 cups of water to a simmer in a pot. Once simmering,
add the stock pot and stir until dissolved.
• Add the onion to the chestnut sauté pan and cook for 3 mins, then add the garlic,, thyme and lemon zest and continue to cook until everything is nice and soft.
• Add the risotto rice and stir for a few minutes. Turn heat to medium, add 1⁄2 tsp of salt and stir.
• Add the stock to the rice and gently stir. Continue adding stock and stirring until the rice is cooked (around 25 mins).
• While rice its cooking, chop the cooked artichokes and parsley.
• Once the risotto is almost cooked add the artichokes and grated cheese to the pan and add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the parsley and a small squeeze of lemon juice (optional)