Chestnut Mushroom Fried Rice
• 2 tablespoons sesame oil
• 1 lb chopped chestnut mushrooms
• 1 1/2 cups peas and diced carrots
• 3 green onions - chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
• 3 large eggs - beaten
• 4 cups cooked rice
• 4 tablespoons soy sauce
• salt and pepper to taste
• Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add chestnut
mushrooms, salt, and pepper, and saute, stirring constantly,
• Add the peas, carrots, green onions, and cook for about 2 minutes,
or until vegetables begin to soften, stir intermittently.
• Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stir intermittently.
• Push vegetables to one side of the skillet, add the eggs to the other
side, and cook to scramble.
• Add mushrooms , rice, evenly drizzle with soy sauce, and stir to
combine. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until mushrooms are