Chestnut Mushroom and Mashed Chickpea Salad Sandwich
• 1 Can Chickpeas (Garbanzon beans) drained and rinsed
• 1/2 lb chestnuts mushrooms
• 1/3 cup Dill Pickles finely chopped
• 1/4 cup Onion finely chopped
• 1/2 cup Just Mayo or Veganaise
• 2 1/2 tsp Stone Ground Mustard
• 1 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
• 1/3 tsp Salt
• 2 tsp Dill Weed fresh-chopped
• 1/8 tsp Turmeric (optional)
• Black Pepper to taste
• Heat the oil in frying pan over medium. Chop chestnut mushrooms in half and add to pan and sauté until browned. Set aside to cool.
• In large bowl, roughly mash the cooked chickpeas until desired texture is reached (some whole chickpeas left)
• Add chestnut mushrooms, pickles, onion, mayo, mustard, vinegar, salt, dill, turmeric and black pepper to chickpea mash and mix well.
• Place salad mixture in refrigerator for at least a hour to allow it to solidify.
• Once solidified, enjoy as a sandwich filling or a topping for leafy salad